Terry has over 27 Years’ experience in the HVAC industry and 23 years specialising in the field of Pre-Commissioning Chemical Cleaning of Mechanical Water Systems.
Terry learnt pre-com water treatment at his previous company prior to joining Smoothflow and has invaluable experience that has lead to his progression and development as a contracts manager in this field. Terry has a ‘can do’ approach and has demonstrated his ability to liaise directly with our client’s on a site basis and to our client’s satisfaction.
In addition Terry has an extensive knowledge of the most current innovative hydraulic systems and their controllability, including the PICV type, and an understanding of BMS control systems, commissioning valves and their associated application and operation.
Terry has worked for Smoothflow for over 8 years and as well as delivering and managing projects to high standard is responsible for training engineers and trainees, and is a key individual in Smoothflow.
- Carrying out pre-commissioning cleaning works to BSRIA guidelines
- Completing and witnessing of flow rates
- Creating an efficient batching sequence to remove maximum debris
- Use and set up of temporary pumps
- Experienced with pre-commissioning chemical cleaning of Open & Closed Mechanical Water Systems.
- Completing back flushing works
- Experience in using specialized filling rigs and filtration as an alternative to conventional flushing (Hydrosphere Method)
- On-site system analysis and demonstration to independent consultants
- Legionella control to HSE L8 Guidelines
- Carrying out disinfection works in accordance with British Standards & HSE ACOP L8 guidelines
- Carrying out general water treatment maintenance
- Carrying out water sampling to BSRIA BG8552 Guidelines
- Use manual dosing pots
- Using electric/boosted dosing pumps to introduce large amounts of chemical into systems
- Acid cleans.
- CSCS / Skillcard
- PASMA trained.
- IPAF trained
- Confined Space trained
- COSH trained
- Experience in many diverse projects
- Technical hands on approach to problem solving, particularly Hydraulic Flush-ability issues
- Excellent communication skills with Clients, Contractors, Consultants and internal trainees
- Thames Water Approved Plumber (TAPS) - For Self – Certification of internal and external plumping systems - Membership No: A01142